Saturday, March 1, 2008

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO ticked off

Ok, a few weeks ago I started training at the printing company job but quit when I found out I was not getting the hours promised (I would have had to find something else anyhow because the fumes from the machines and ink were making me sick). Yesterday was payday so I went up there to get my check. I was told that they mailed it to me. Well, no check yesterday and no check today.

I needed that check TODAY in order to save my butt when my car insurance payment comes out of my account on Monday. I have enough cash to cover the payment but of course they can't take cash over the phone. I can put the money on a pre-paid visa card and call them with the number, but the card costs $10 to activate. By the time I drive to where I can get the card and all the hassle involved it will cost me $20 to do that option, then I have the problem where I have no money to buy gas to get to work. Lovely.... So as it stands right now I think I am going to go with the $35 fee from the bank. It's not the best option in the world but neither is losing two very good jobs and my vehicle and my place to live.

I am going to have a few words on Monday with the human resources people at the printing job. I was willing to let go of the fact that they lied to me about my hours, but when they screw up getting me my paycheck, that's where I draw the line. I am going to request they pay me for the fees incurred as a result of their screw up.

No comments: