Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Is it really March 5th already?

This week has been REALLY busy. I worked with the temp agency M and T and have another assignment this morning. I'm working all the days I can while the flu season is in full swing because who knows what will happen later.

I finally got the missing paycheck tracked down. It turns out they never sent it!! They are sooooo lucky that today I am working at the school that's just a few blocks from them so I don't have to drive all the way across town to get it. I have a fine from my auto insurance company for late payment and when I told this to the HR person I talked to yesterday all she could say is "It's our normal procedure to mail out paychecks to those who have termed employment with us". I don't have $15 just sitting around these days to pay for this, I want them to pay the fine. I know in the grand scheme of things $15 is almost nothing but I've been doing so well and to have someone else screw it up is maddening.

On Monday I had to mail a package. I stopped in at a PostNet store to send it off. The girl working there didn't know much if anything about mailing a package. She told me it was going to cost me $32 to send a 2.5 pound package to Mobile, Al via Priority mail. She said that the post office didn't deliver parcel post there. I took my package and walked out of there. There is no way on God's green earth it costs $32 to send. So, I took it to the post office yesterday and it ended up costing me $10.82 for Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Well, I need to get going. It's another long (but good) day.

2 comments:

Dolly Iris said...

Yes, it's March 5th already! Wow, 2008 is passing by quickly (hopefully our debt will too).

I added you to my blog roll today.

I hope you find some time for rest and play in between all these jobs. I guess you are one of the few people I can think of who look forward to flu season, lol. $ ;)

Unknown said...

Yeah, those "We mail it for you" places are a rip off. We sent out about 5 packages at Christmastime from WA to ME and one to Peru and 65 Christmas cards and it ended up costing us $85. We didn't know at the time but it would have probably cost us half that at the post office but we didn't want to drive all the way to one at the time so we paid it. The guy charged us for one box, but then one tiny box cost about $15 that weighed nothing because he asked me if I wanted it there by Christmas and I said yes so he sent it overnight. Live and learn, from now on I'll get the packages out early or I'll brave the long line at the post office.