Saturday, March 1, 2008

Yes, I am alive!!

It was a LONG, but good, week. I had so much I HAD to do Friday that I didn't work with the temp agency (it was either work or get my vehicle repo'd for not making a payment today). I will be working with the temp agency on Monday, they already have an assignment for me. I went in today to drop off my time cards and apparently I already have a reputation in the office. Thankfully it's a good one! Apparently many of the paraprofessional subs are wishy washy about when they will and will not work and I am not. Plus, one of the teachers I worked with two days this past week is requesting me every time she needs a sub. The combination of being available on a regular basis and the comments from the teacher have put me at the top of the list for assignments (meaning on days when they don't have many assignments available I'll still get one).

My regular full-time job is going really well too. We had another test tonight and I scored 95%. Two more weeks of training then I start my overnights.

Before work tonight I had some spare time so I stopped in at the thrift store to look for pants. I only have 3 pairs suitable for work and needed 2 more so I don't have waste my precious sleep time in the middle of the week to laundry. Guess what? I found 2 pairs for $2 each!!!

One thing I learned this week is I need to find ways to maximize my sleep time. I've come up with a few things so far. On Sunday night before I go to bed I'll get my clothes ready for the next week. Meaning pants and shirt on the same hanger and a bag attached with socks and underwear so I can get dressed without thinking. Also, I need to get meals prepared in advance as much as possible. Hamburger helper (actually I use ground turkey most of the time) will do lunch and dinner for two days when I add some veggies. Frozen pb&j works well too for lunches when I am unsure about access to a microwave. I have the fixings for some simple (the way I like it) tuna and chicken salads I could bring in a small cooler with an ice pack.

I'm going to put my laptop down, roll over, and go to bed now (gotta love wireless internet).

No comments: