Saturday, February 23, 2008

100%

I had a test at work tonight over the material we learned this week. I got 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!

They let us have our notes, the power point presentations, and whatever cheat sheets we have. during the test. Their reasoning is we are going to have all that information accessible to us when we are working with live customers, so we might as well get used to where it is.

I am quickly finding my groove. I don't feel overwhelmed, which is a huge thing for me. The trainers are giving the class big hints on how to get things done faster. They are also making some of our in-class assignments harder than the standard so we know our stuff better. I brought all my training stuff home this weekend. There are some things I really want to study and get down.

So what does all this have to do with getting out of debt? With this job I get paid by the phone call, email, or instant message. I have a guaranteed base rate but if I earn above that rate I get whatever it is I earned instead. The more I know my stuff, the faster I get through a call, and the more I get paid. Also, my pay per item goes up significantly if the quality of my service goes up. I can get paid nearly $15/hr if I have a quality score of 5 for the same amount of work I would get paid $10.50 for if my quality score is a 3. So yes, my study time at home is unpaid now, but in the future it will pay off big time!

Until I get out on the floor and start working with live customers I am vizualizing how I want my workspace set up, what programs I'll have open on the computer, and how I am going to answer and end my calls. During my free time I've been browsing around on the intranet and finding all kinds of resources that have helped me to form these visualizations. I found the score sheets the quality people use to grade phone calls and emails, so I know what elements they are looking for (it's the scores I get from them that influence my pay).

3 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Great job for getting 100%!!

Leanna said...

Wow, you sound like you're really enjoying this new job. Great job on the preparations and good luck!

Sam said...

I am a trainer for a call center - what kind of calls do you guys take (we are utility/appliance repair).