Monday, February 18, 2008

Monthly Expenses

Ok, here are my monthly expenses.

Rent: $360 (I rent a room and this price includes all utilities minus phone)
Vehicle payment: $360 (yeah I know it's steep but it's only a 3 year loan-done on 11/09)
Phone: $30 (was around $60 until I switched cell phone carriers-it pays to shop around)
Vehicle Insurance: $101 (again it's steep but it should go down in a couple of months)
Food: I have not quite figured this amount out yet. While unemployed I've been living off of the food shelf, my friend, and this last month I got some food stamps (which I used to stock up on my cheap meat staples that will last me a couple of months).
Gas: $100
Church: $22 for 10 months
Debts: I'm not even sure where to begin on this one. I get overwhelmed easily and get very anxious. I have boxes of paperwork and mail, some open but most not. Yes, I admit it, I was/am one of those people who thought/think if I don't see it, it does not exist. The good news is I have dealt with many of the issues that lead to my anxiety so I should be able to deal with this easier now.
Clothes: not sure what to put here. I don't have expenses related to dry cleaning and laundry is free. My job is very casual, I could wear pajama bottoms if I want.

Today I'll get a better idea of what my paychecks are going to be. I should find out how much money will be taken out for insurance, ect. hmmm, just thinking here, insurance does not kick in until June 1st so nothing will be taken out. I also am going to find out how much the company contributes to the 401k and have that taken out starting with the first paycheck so I never miss it. I'm also getting a part-time job.

Comments:
asgreen has left a new comment on your post "Monthly Expenses": I hope you do sit and and open all those envelopes, the first step to really getting out of debt is understanding exactly how much you have. Good luck! I know it seems daunting but I promise that once you know what you owe and have a plan in place to pay it down you will start to feel much better! Plus it helps me not spend money. (somehow I clicked reject for this comment, SORRY, but I wanted to include it so I posted it here.)

No comments: