Monday, February 25, 2008

Managing Money Monday

It's 2:50am and I am still awake. I royally screwed up my sleeping schedule this weekend. If I get work through the temp agency today it's going to be one very long and rough day.

So, today's topic is managing money. Friday is payday!!! YEAH!!!!!!!! I'll be getting about $400. $175 goes to my vehicle payment ($15 of that is stupid tax). $110 goes to vehicle insurance. $50 goes into my gas tank. $35 for an overdraft fee that's going to hit (totally not my fault either, stupid bank), $4.25 for ebay fees, $20 to pay back someone for the money they gave me for gas last week, for a total of $394.25. Then there is my SIL's babyshower on the 8th. My mom is sending me $20 for gas, which won't totally cover the trip up there with gas prices the way they are.

I'm going to try and talk some sense into the bank in the morning and see if I can get a fee they charged me reversed so the overdraft fee won't hit me. Or see if they can take away the fee and recharge me for the fee later. The fee came from the fact there was not an automatic deposit into my account the last billing cycle.

I somehow have to get some money for the perishable food I can't get through the food shelf. My income for March is going to be too high (just over the limit) so I can't get any food stamps. I pray I can get work with the temp agency this week because they pay on a weekly basis.

It's all so overwhelming. This is the point the anxiety kicks in....

UPDATE: I was up to call into the temp agency (no work through them today) so I decided to call the bank. My bank does not have a reputation for being nice, but I had a totally different experience with them just a few min. ago. I explained the situation and told them direct deposit was going to be re-established soon. Thank God they had a heart and reversed the fee! YEAH!!!!!! So that's $35 I have back to pay down some debt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on getting that bank fee reversed! Just hang in there and believe that things will get better soon.

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Hi I'm HS, I'll be keeping an eye on your blog and your progress. Good luck.