Sunday, February 17, 2008

Other stuff I'm up to

Since this blog is about blogging everything I'm doing to get out of debt I guess I should fill you in on those activities.



In my previous post I mentioned the new cell phone to cut down on my phone bill. I can talk to my best friend a minimum of 30 min/day. With my old phone that would cost me $3/day for a total of $90/month (now we didn't talk that much, but we wanted to). My new plan will cost me $22.50/month for unlimited calls to her and free nights and weekends. So, in the first month I will easily make up the $30 it cost for the phone and activation. The activation was supposed to be $35 but I got it knocked down to $15 just by asking if I could get free activation. The guy couldn't get me free activation but he did find a code for $20 off.



I have an interview on Wednesday for several part-time positions with a staffing agency. I really want the substitute paraprofessional position for the local school district. It's 25 hours/week and includes benefits. I love working with kids with special needs. I've done it in the past and it has made me appreciate life so much more. I think about the kids I've worked with often. One little boy I with isn't so little anymore and I believe his birthday is in Feb, I need to send him a card. Anyhow, David and his family taught me so much. I will never forget them.



Ok, I got a little off track there...



One of the other positions I'm applying for is for a janitorial position. I also like this type of work because it's more physical and lets my brain process stuff.



Yes, these part time jobs are in addition to the full-time job. Both of these are M-F types of jobs which would leave my weekends free. I can work a ton of hours during the week and have my weekends to chill. I tend to do very well with this type of set-up.



I know it's maybe a little pie-in-the-sky thinking, but if I keep up with my minimalist spending, and I get the paraprofessional job I can have all my debts besides student loans and my vehicle paid off by this summer!!! And then have my vehicle paid off by this fall, a full year early. Then there are the student loans....

No comments: