Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ups and downs today

I bit the bullet the other day and filled out the form for any sort of financial assistance I could get from the county. Today I got some money for groceries on an EBT card. It was a total God-send. I had some basics like a few cans of soup, canned veggies, bread, peanut butter and jelly, but not much to put together a "real" meal. So I took the card and got a ton of groceries at Aldi's for only $27 then went to WalMart to get a few more things. I have enough money left to get perishables like milk. I now have a nice variety and can make some really good meals. This takes a huge load off of my shoulders. Now I can use the rest of the money in my checking for gas and airtime for my cellphone (no landline).

I had two phone interviews today. The first one was for the Red Cross. The job sounds very interesting but their could be problems with the scheduling starting in June. But, the pay is great. The second interview was for an on-call position at the hospital I worked at before. It could be a few weeks before I hear anything about either job. I'm really not thrilled about the job that starts on Monday, the pay is so low and they push you to produce, produce, produce. I will hear something by tomorrow afternoon if I got the airline customer service job. Out of the regular full-time jobs I am hoping to get the airline job. Bummer that it's for a company that is contracted by the airline so no great airline benefits. I also have another position in the works that could start on Monday reviewing medical charts.

I came home to another rejection letter, I can ad that to the several others I've gotten, and the two I've gotten via email. Enough with the denials, I want a job that pays the bills. $7.75/hr and only 30 hours/week is not going to pay the bills let alone the past due stuff. I'm at a point that unless I get some major money soon I will lose my place to live and or my vehicle. AAAACCCKKKKK!!!!

I know it's all going to work out, eventually.

No comments: