Sunday, February 17, 2008

Suze Orman

The other day I was watching Oprah and one of my hero's was on, Suze Orman. I love her brand of compassion combined with the no nonsense attitude. As a special limited-time offer I was able to download her book "Women and Money" for free. This was one of those books I've been wanting for a while now but since I am now in a buy nothing uneccessary year I did not buy it yet. Well, lo and behold, I got it, for FREE!! I've read parts of it at Barnes and Noble and found the information very empowering.

Now, before anyone thinks I'm a Suze worshiper, I want everyone to know I take everything she says with a grain of salt, just like I do with everything else. I know enough from past experiences to not blindly trust everything I see, hear, or read. But, I have a sixth sense about people and I get nothing but positive vibes from/about Suze. Some people worship her and some people worship Dave Ramsey. I don't think anybody should guru'ize anybody. Different methods work for different people. With my personality I need that hard hitting yet compassion of Suze's. I like how she gets people to look at the reasons behind their debt. There are plenty of programs out there that will help you get out of debt but as soon as people are released from the program they get right back in debt. I've done a lot of hard work and I think I've uncovered and healed the vast majority of the wounds from my past that contributed to my love of fast food (the biggest reason I'm in debt). It should be interesting to see how much weight I lose as I get rid of the debt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking into the Suze Orman book too but recently started on my own journey to get out of debt. I will likely read it at Barnes and Noble like you did :-). I only wish I had got online a few days earlier so I would have seen the links to get the book free :-(.
I too have spent waaaay too much money eating out and I know my 'debt diet' will help my regular diet immensely.
Good luck on your journey. I've added your blog to my reader and my blog so I can stay updated on your progress.